Request for Qualifications: Seismic Advisory Board Members
This RFQ expects to select experts to be appointed as Board Members on the Seismic Advisory Board jointly serving the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) and the California High Speed Rail Authority (CHSRA) administered by TechTransfer. The Seismic Advisory Board consists of up to eight members with representation balanced among pre-eminent scientists, engineers, researchers and policy experts reflecting the full breadth of Caltrans and CHSRA’s responsibilities for the seismic safety of transportation structures. This RFQ is intended to recruit experts in the following areas of expertise:
- Structural/Seismic Engineering (click here to download pdf description) - No longer accepting applications
- Geotechnical Engineering (click here to downlaod pdf description) - No longer accepting applications
- High Speed Rail System Design (click here to download pdf description) - OPEN
- Tunnel Engineering (click here to download pdf description) - No longer accepting applications
SOQ Submission Instructions for Seismic Advisory Board Members
Qualified individuals should submit a Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) that includes a letter of interest and Curriculum Vitae (CV) or resume. The letter of interest should highlight career accomplishments and honors that qualify the applicant for a Board position. The letter must disclose any current or past affiliations with Caltrans or the California High Speed Rail Authority that may be perceived as potential conflicts of interest. The CV or resume must include all academic and professional experience, list of publications, and areas of technical expertise. The SOQ must be submitted in pdf format.
Questions about this RFQ and SOQ submissions should be addressed to:
Charles Sikorsky, Ph.D., P.E.
Institute of Transportation Studies
Applicants are encouraged to submit their SOQ by July 31, 2020. Positions will remain open until filled.
Request for Qualifications: Course Developers and Instructors
We are requesting Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) from transportation engineering and planning professionals who can serve as course developers and instructors on the following topics:
- Multimodal transportation operations
- Complete streets planning and design
- Planning, policy, and funding
- Project development and construction
- Traffic engineering
- Traffic safety, all modes, intermodal and multimodal
- Traffic signal operations
- Construction inspection of traffic signals
- Transportation facility design
- Roadway lighting design
- Transit planning and transit-oriented development
SOQ Submission Instructions for Course Developers and Instructors
Qualified individuals interested in serving as instructors should submit an SOQ. The SOQ should indicate which training programs the individual is qualified for, and highlight relevant professional experience and capabilities. The SOQ should not exceed five pages.
SOQs will be accepted on an ongoing basis. Selection of instructors will be made by TechTransfer, in consultation with our funding sponsors, on an as-needed basis to meet the demand for our training programs.
SOQ submissions and questions related to SOQs should be emailed to email@example.com.